The project is supported by the Democracy Grants Program of the U.S. Embassy to Ukraine.
The project is designed for September 2018 – August 2019.
Aim: to improve protection of children in Ukraine from sexual abuse and sexual exploitation through development of safe behavior skills.
Project partners: Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Ministry of Social Policy and their correspondent divisions at local level.
- To increase the capacity of civil society organizations and state structures in the sphere of education and social protection to carry out activities for the prevention of sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children.
- To raise the level of knowledge of children about ways of protection against sexual abuse and sexual exploitation.
- learning for professionals working directly with children and parents;
- development of educational video materials for specialists and parents;
- conducting of a webinar for specialists;
- provision of information and methodological materials for specialists, parents and children;
- organizing educational events involving families with children;
- work of the "Childhood without Violence" virtual resource center;
- conducting of the national awareness-raising campaign
- 147 professionals participated in seminars-trainings on the programs "Teach a Child to Defend" and "Forming of Children’s Safety Behavior Skills " on the issues of child sexual abuse prevention;
- during a webinar dedicated to the “Careful Parents” information campaign 478 professionals and parents were familiarized with the problem of seducing children online;
- 2,037 children participated in training sessions on the topic of setting their own boundaries, preventing risky sexual behavior;
- 1,644 parents attended training sessions on developing child safe behavior skills;
- the national informational campaign “Careful Parents” was conducted dedicated to the problem of grooming. 12.8% of the respondents in Ukraine saw the materials of the “Careful Parents” campaign;
- the video-lecture for specialists was created, which contains theoretical information about concept of child sexual abuse, characteristics of persons who commit sexual abuse towards children, peculiarities of the psychological state of children who suffered from sexual abuse, warning behavior signals that may indicate child sexual abuse;
- a video-course for parents were created that contain 6 video-lessons;
- the conference “Safe environment: how to teach a child to be protected” was conducted in Kyiv;
28,387 visits to the “Childhood Without Violence” Virtual Resource Center.
Contact person: Yuliya Maliyenko, Project Manager